Monday, October 12, 2009

Lazy Eye

The other night, Evan and I were looking through pictures on our computer that I have recently taken. After looking at about ten pictures of Sydney, we both realized that one of her little eyes was always tilted in. I started to panic that she had a lazy eye. We texted Evan's brother, who is in Optometry school here at IU, and asked him at what age babies should have good eye control. He said six months, but in my panic state, I called our eye doctor. She wanted to see her, so I took Sydney in the next day. My poor little 4 month old had to have her eyes dilated, and screamed! She checked her eyes and said that she is fine! She is going to keep a close eye on her, but does not see a lazy eye. I guess Sydney's bridge in her nose is flatter than most people's, so it covers up the whites of her eyes on the inside.

I am not completely convinced that she doesn't have a lazy eye, but I am going to trust the doctor. With or without a lazy eye, Sydney is perfect in my eyes!

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." -John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment