Sunday, December 20, 2009

Having Fun

This last week at our house was a lot of fun! Evan and I have been trying to teach Carson and Sydney that Christmas is not about the gifts, (even though they both will be getting three gifts, since Jesus got three gifts) but really about the birth of Jesus. Since Carson's birthday was just a couple of months ago, he remembers that I made him a birthday cake. Therefore, birthday = cake. When I told him that it was Jesus' birthday, he wanted to make Him a cake. So, that is exactly what we did.

Also, I was trying hard to think of something that my kids could get for Nannie and Papaw for Christmas. I wanted it to be something that was made by them, not bought by me. It means more to them (and me when it's a gift for me) when it is something that the kids made and took time doing. So, after racking my brain, I decided that I wanted to somehow make an ornament to hang on their Christmas tree. There isn't much that Sydney can do yet, obviously, so it was hard to come up with something. I decided to simply let them paint a plain white ornament. They had a blast! This just might become a tradition each year, so we can have some kind of ornament made by the kids to hang on the Christmas tree.

1 comment:

  1. What a great tradition! When you're old and gray you'll have an entire tree filled with ornaments for you kids through the years. You'll be able to sit and reminisce about the old days and see how much they've grown through each year. I love it!

    ReplyDelete