Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sydney's Dedication

This past Sunday, we got to get Sydney dedicated at church. It was a way of publicly professing that Evan and I, to the best of our ability, will raise Sydney up in a home of Faith. Evan and I take this role seriously. I feel that there is no better way for Sydney (and Carson) to know the Lord, than for Evan and I to show Him to her.

While it was a special time for Sydney, Carson kind of stole the "show." Evan, Sydney, and I were in the front of the sanctuary (with probably about 300 people there) getting Sydney dedicated and Carson was sitting with my parent's, sister, brother-in-law, and future sister-in-law. He saw the three of us up front, and wanted to come up there, so he did. Evan picked him up, and he saw Papaw. So, he of course, wanted down to go to Papaw. Then, the same thing happened again. Instead of going straight to Papaw that time, he ran down the center isle, holding out his hands, slapping high-fives on his way out. Needless to say, people were laughing so hard at him.

Thank you Lord for my children! They are such a blessing, and I am thankful for every minute that I get to spend with them!



This picture is the three of us with Doug Varella. He is the youth pastor at our church, and also a great friend of ours. Thank you Doug for being a part of this special day!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. That is hilarious and something you'll remember forever!

    ReplyDelete