Monday, June 14, 2010

A YEAR Ago Today

Most people probably couldn't tell you what they were doing exactly a year ago today. However, I can. It was tied for first with the most important and special day of my life. On June 14th, 2009, I gave birth to Sydney Sue.

Carson went to stay with my parent's for the weekend, because I was going to make and freeze some food, clean the house, and do some laundry. At 39 weeks pregnant, that stuff is harder to do than normal! That Sunday morning, Evan gets up at 6:00 AM to go play golf with some friends. Around 7:00, I get up to go to the bathroom, and lay back down. The second my head hits the pillow, I feel my water break. So, I try and try and try to call Evan, but he doesn't answer. I decided to go ahead and call my doctor and let her know while I'm waiting on Evan to call me back. Since there was meconium in my water, the doctor told me to head right in to the hospital. I take a shower, and Evan calls back. He heads straight home, and in we go.

The day went smooth, expect my blood pressure kept plummeting. I had to lay on my side the whole day, or I would feel like I was going to pass out. Around 4:20, it was time to push. Even in between my pushes, I had to turn over on my side. I pushed 4 times, and at 4:26, Sydney was born. She weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She was the most precious little girl I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment