Sunday, March 21, 2010

LONG WEEK!

This week has been crazy to say the least. Evan and I have been in the market for a Chevy Traverse for me, and found a wonderful deal. The catch? It was in Dallas, Texas. Well, it was just so good that my sister and I flew down there on Tuesday and picked it up. We got up at 3:00 AM on Tuesday morning to get to the airport on time to catch our 5:20 flight to Dallas. We were so tired. I literally fell asleep before we took off and woke up when the plain landed.

Erin is a little more (ok, a lot more) of a dare devil than I am, and she was determined to not stop on the way home to sleep. I was a bit skeptical of the whole thing, but off we went. We had just about every electronic known to man with us including a lap top, radar detector, GPS, cell phones of course, and the trusty breast pump (and of all the things, that was what got me searched at the airport).

Well, we get to Dallas finally, but we were not so sure that we were going to make it much further than that. Erin (the forgetful person that she is) leaves her laptop on the airplane...that had the check in it to pay for my new car with. She proceeded to try and go in the exit to get it. Which, is not a good idea! After finally getting the laptop and check back, (thanks to the wonderful man that worked at the airport) we get picked up in my new car by the dealership. Oh boy, did I think my life was over! The driver was sooooo scary!

We survived and sign the papers for my car. Well, as we were literally leaving the parking lot of the dealership, I go the wrong way down a one-way street! I don't get Texas roads...seriously. There was not ONE sign that said it was a one-way street. Guess how I found out it was a one-way? Yes, that is right...cars were barreling at us going probably 50 MPH. I put my new Traverse in reverse so fast.

We survived! :) After what was a horrible start to the day, we drove the entire 15 hours to home. I have never been so excited to get back to Indiana.

Home-sweet-home with my new Chevy Traverse! :)

Sorry Erin, I know we said we weren't going to tell some of those stories. ;)

More on the rest of the awesome week tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment